Undergraduate Research Positions with CCI and Virginia Tech's Research Institute in Arlington, VA
Three (unpaid) undergraduate research positions are announced at the National Capital Region. The positions are part of the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI) at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington (VTRC-A).
- Title: Undergraduate Researcher in AI
- Program: CCI’s Future Scientists (a.k.a. Turing undergrads)
- Location: Remote or In-Person at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington (VTRC-A).
- Start date: Spring 2021
- Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Applications close: Open until filled - rolling admission
As an undergraduate researcher in Artificial Intelligence (AI), you will work on cutting edge projects in data science, AI, and software engineering. In this role, you will work on advanced hardware (the AI testbed) and intelligent software systems to develop data repositories, deploy AI methods, and learn new skills. You will work with faculty members, as well as PhD and MSc students on advanced research topics. CCI’s Future Scientists perform experiments, develop software, perform data collection and wrangling tasks, and co-author papers. You will work on technologies such as: R, Python, Spark, MongoDB, Hadoop, and SQL. However, the choice of programming languages will be based on your learning objectives, and the time commitment varies by project.
- You will receive a letter of completion at the end of your period.
- You will work remotely with an in-person option if desired (flexible hours and schedule).
- Possibility of moving to a full paid position with a tuition waiver (rules to be discussed) if you are admitted to graduate school (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) at Virginia Tech.
- You will have access to top technologies, bleeding edge research projects, and authorship in high caliber journals, books, and conferences (which could include presenting your work at an AI conference).