Meet Up to Startup
CCI faculty and students interested in commercializing their research are invited to attend a free networking event with venture capitalists.
Aspiring entrepreneurs can connect with leading Virginia investors to hear what they’re looking for, share research, and receive feedback at our Meet Up to Startup sessions.
The Fall schedule has concluded. Check back for spring events.
Casual and business casual dress is appropriate at these informal events. Food and beverages will be provided.
You don’t need to print or bring research material, but do be prepared to discuss your work and its potential, especially if your research is ready for product design or you have a prototype.
Bring a tablet or pen and paper to take notes, and have your contact information handy. Bring business cards if you have them.
Participating Venture Capitalists Include:
Meet Up to Startup Fall Schedule Included:
- Northern Virginia, Tuesday, September 26, 4 to 6 p.m., James Madison University: King Hall Room 259, 701 Carrier Drive, Harrisonburg, Va. 22807
- Central Virginia, Thursday, Sept. 28, 4 to 6 p.m., University of Virginia: Olsson Hall Link Lab, 151 Engineer’s Way, Charlottesville, Va. 22903
- Coastal Virginia, Thursday, Oct. 5, 4 to 6 p.m., College of William and Mary: W&M Entrepreneurship Hub, 249 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, Va. 23187
- Southwest Virginia, Tuesday, Oct. 10, 4 to 6 p.m., Virginia Military Institute: Preston Library, 411 Letcher Avenue, 7th Floor, Lexington, Va. 24450
- Northern Virginia, Wednesday, October 18, 4 to 7 p.m., George Mason University: Horizon Hall's MIX Room# 2107, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Va. 22030
Find Resources to Help Launch Your Startup
The Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program (ICAP) is a free, intensive startup assistance program targeting early-stage, high-growth potential companies in Virginia.
The goal is to assist startups on their path towards success, and to provide customized support and connection to resources.
How to Pitch
- The Northern Virginia Node held the first Meet Up to Startup session on February 22, 2023, at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, Va. The event was co-hosted by The Cyber Guild, a not-for-profit organization that works to empower cybersecurity diversity through networking, education and thought leadership.
- The Central Virginia Node held a Meet Up to Startup session on March 22, 2023, at the Engineering Research Building in the Collaboration Hub in Richmond.
- The Southwest Virginia Node held a Meet Up to Startup session on March 23, 2023, at the Inn at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg.