Frequently Asked Questions
This is an invitation-only event for people involved in CCI-funded programs and projects. If you are a researcher working on a CCI-funded project and didn't receive an invitation, please first check your spam folder and then contact Kendall Beebe.
Registration for the CCI Symposium is free.
The Speed Briefing is a series of short presentations by CCI researchers, faculty, and students on their current research projects, research or interest focus area, or research idea. The briefing format is 3 slides in 3 minutes and the intent is to provide members of the CCI network a shared understanding of research projects and ideas and foster future collaboration opportunities among like-minded researchers and students. CCI Symposium attendees are organized by selecting one of the following Focus/Interest Areas on the registration form:
- 5G & NextG
- AI Assurance
- Autonomous Systems & Smart Technologies: Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics, Drones, Smart City, Smart Medicine, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Agriculture
- Human Side: Mis/Dis Information, Privacy, Experiential Learning, Law/Ethics, Arts & Design
This is an opportunity for you to showcase your research to your colleagues and/or present your research idea to the CCI Network that may lead to finding collaborators! If you are interested in presenting a Speed Briefing, please sign up on the registration form.
- 0-4 hours: $16 no tax
- Over 4 hours and overnight: $30+ tax
- Overnight self-parking available in the James Center (No in/out privilege): $25
- Secured parking for hotel guests is beneath the hotel and can be accessed via entrances on Canal Street or Cary Street.
Are there electric vehicle charging stations?
- There are electric vehicle charging stations onsite at Omni Richmond Hotel.
- Additional parking nearby
- Please note that nearby decks offer “hotel” parking but are not secured or monitored by the hotel. The hotel will not be responsible for any damage or claims resulting from parking in these unauthorized locations
- Amtrak Main Station – 6 blocks
- Amtrak Staples Mill Station – 8 miles
- Richmond International Airport – 10 miles
Any reservations that fail to arrive on the scheduled arrival date will be considered No-Shows and subject to the Guestroom Performance Clause a charge of one night’s room and tax will be posted to the individual Attendee’s credit card on file.
The cut-off date for accepting reservations into this room block is Friday, March 11, 2022. Reservation requests received after 5 p.m. ET on the cut-off date will be accepted based on guest room availability at the prevailing transient rates. It is understood by the group that the group rate may not be available after the cut-off date. At time of cut off, all unused rooms and suites will be automatically released for general sale.
Our check-in time is 3 p.m.; check-out time is 12 p.m. (noon). All guests arriving before 3 p.m. will be accommodated as rooms become available. Our Guest Service staff can arrange to check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day.
The Omni is excited to welcome guests back to their resorts and hotels and remain committed to the health and safety of their guests and associates. Omni’s Safe & Clean program actively monitors and evolves our solutions to ensure they adhere to local government requirements. Full details on their Safe & Clean program can be found here.