Understanding Tech Transfer, Commercialization Options, and Available Resources
Sept. 26, Oct. 3, Oct. 10, 2023
Faculty are invited to learn about tech transfer, commercialization options, and available resources.
ICAP VA, Virginia SBDC, and VIPC | Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation are hosting a three-part series on technology transfer research commercialization for university faculty. Sessions will cover:
- Getting university research from the lab to the market.
- The role of tech transfer personnel.
- Addressing myths and misconceptions.
- Programs and funding opportunities that help researchers’ work progress.
In addition to the ICAP and VIPC teams, there will be speakers from Commonwealth Cyber Initiative members George Mason University, Old Dominion University, University of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia Tech.
- University Tech Transfer: Sept. 26, 2023, 1 p.m.
- Commercialization Pathways: Oct. 3, 2023, 1 p.m.
- Commercialization Programs and Funding Opportunities: Oct. 10, 2023, 1 p.m.
A calendar invitation and Zoom link will be provided.